Playing for Change (Online Inspiration!)

Today I’m writing about something that is not strictly speaking an educational resource.  It is, however, something that I believe should be an inspiration to learners and educators everywhere.  I just want to do my bit to spread the word about it.

Playing for Change describes itself as a “…multimedia movement created to inspire, connect, and bring peace to the world through music.”  Even if this movement doesn’t achieve its ultimate goal, it can only make a positive difference.

Playing for Change demonstrates not only the potential power of music as a force for good, it also shows how modern digital technology can be used to connect people and effect positive change.  Of course, there is also the way technology has been used here to let people from far flung parts of the world create beautiful music together.  I never cease to be amazed at the creative doors that can be opened with technology.

I’ve embedded below a beautiful rendition of “Stand by Me” that is performed and sung together by musicians from around the world.  I’ve been inspired and blessed as I’ve watched and listened multiple times.  Please take time to visit the Playing for Change website to learn more about this remarkable venture.

One thought on “Playing for Change (Online Inspiration!)

1. Hi Paul.

My son sent me this video and I too have watched this several times. I agree that technology helps to harness creativity, allowing us to connect with each other and change the world.

It is a good time of year for inspiration! Thanks for passing this on.

Best,
    Beth